The aim of this document is to inform customers of Univerre Pro Uva SA (hereinafter referred to as “UPU”) and the users of the websites www.univerre.ch and www.glassmania.com about the collection and processing of their personal data.
The term “Personal Data” refers to all information relating directly (e.g. first name, name) or indirectly (e.g. postal address) to an identified or identifiable natural person.
If you use our Websites’ e-commerce function to order and purchase UPU products, UPU is responsible for processing your Personal Data.
Information on the entity responsible for processing:
Univerre Pro Uva SA
Iles Falcon, 3960 Siders, Switzerland
Personal identification number CHE-102.774.751
Legal representatives: We invite you to consult the list of Univerre Pro Uva SA representatives on the Swiss commercial register online at the following address:
1. What kinds of Personal Data are processed by UPU?
UPU processes the following categories of Personal Data:
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address and payment method.
Information of a professional nature
Powers of representation and professional contact details (within the framework of an order for professional needs at www.univerre.ch)
2. Why does UPU process Personal Data and on what basis?
The notion of “processing” is understood to include all use of your Personal Data. This includes namely the entry, collection, retention, management, use, transmission, sharing or deletion of your Personal Data.
UPU processes Personal Data for the following purposes:
a. For the purposes of the contractual relationship
Within the framework of your contractual relationship with UPU, your Personal Data is processed by UPU for the following purposes:
- Creating and managing your user account (if any) and verifying access authorisations;
- Processing your order online and fulfilling UPU’s contractual obligations to you.
b. To fulfil UPU’s legal obligations
To comply with certain legal obligations, UPU may be required to process Personal Data for the purposes of:
- Setting up appropriate measures in order to prevent fraud on the website;
- Ensuring the security of the Websites and avoiding unauthorised access to the IT systems and electronic communications;
- Complying with legal obligations in Switzerland and in the place of performance of a contract concluded with you; your Personal Data is subject to being transmitted to third parties in this context.
c. For the pursuit of legitimate public interests
When necessary for the pursuit of UPU’s legitimate interests, and provided that your interests and your fundamental rights do not take precedence, UPU processes your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- Inserting targeted advertising on the website;
- Performing marketing or advertising studies or campaigns such as surveys, sending newsletters or information about UPU offers, unless you have objected to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes;
- Developing and refining UPU offers and products;
- Developing the business relationship between you and UPU;
- Establishing, exercising and/or defending against legal claims;
When the processing of your Personal Data cannot be based on one of the reasons listed above or on any other legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data, UPU will ask for your consent for such processing.
3. Does UPU pass on your Personal Data to third parties?
Your Personal Data can be passed on to third parties when required by law (for example, in the context of combating illegal activities) in order to fulfil your contract with UPU.
Within the framework of fulfilling your contract with UPU, your Personal Data is transmitted to the following recipients:
- Magento, Google and Amazon: for the management of your customer account and the processing of your order. We invite you to consult the respective privacy policies of Magento [https://magento.com/trust/privacy], Google [https://policies.google.com/privacy] and Amazon [https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201909010] ;
- Swiss Post or another transport company: for the delivery of your order. We invite you to consult Swiss Post’s data protection policy [https://www.post.ch/en/pages/footer/data-protection-and-disclaimer#data-protection].
When UPU delegates the processing of your Personal Data to third parties, UPU will set up contracts that satisfy the legal requirements.
4. Does UPU transfer your Personal Data outside Switzerland?
UPU may disclose, transfer and/or store your Personal Data outside Switzerland:
- within the framework of the conclusion or execution of the contract linked directly or indirectly to your business relationship with UPU (i.e. a contract concluded with UPU or a third party, but in your interest); or
- within the framework of data storage solutions, particularly through cloud systems in which customer data can be hosted and processed; or
- in exceptional cases, when such a transfer is provided for by the applicable regulations.
If your Personal Data is transferred, for example, to a state that does not provide an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data (such as the United States), UPU will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place, including contractual obligations that may take the form of model clauses published by the European Commission. You can contact UPU if you would like more information on this subject (see question 8 below).
5. What are your rights in relation to your Personal Data?
Within the limits of the applicable regulations, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- the right of access to your Personal Data;
- the right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or when you have withdrawn your consent (when the processing of the Personal Data in question is based on consent) ;
- the right to receive Personal Data that you have provided to UPU in the context of processing based on your consent or based on the performance of your contract with UPU in a structured format and to transmit the Personal Data to another data controller (right of data portability);
- the right to request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data; and
- the right to refer the matter to the responsible supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data does not comply with the applicable regulations. You can contact the supervisory authority of the country in which you are residing or the country in which the data protection violation was committed. In Switzerland, the competent authority is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
You may also, at any time and without justification, object to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, including profiling when related to this purpose, by UPU or third parties, or, where the processing has the legal basis of consent, withdraw your consent by sending an email to UPU at the address detailed in question 8 below.
The exercise of some of the rights referred to above may result in UPU no longer being able to provide certain products or services.
6. For how long does UPU store your Personal Data?
UPU only stores your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which UPU has collected them (see question 2 above), in particular for the duration necessary to fulfil your contractual relationship with UPU or to comply with applicable legal obligations.
At the end of the contractual relationship, UPU will securely destroy your Personal Data within 5 years. UPU is entitled, however, to retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to defend its interests.
7. What security measures does UPU put in place for the processing of your Personal Data?
UPU operates secure data networks that meet current technical standards. The appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to protect your data from loss, destruction, falsification, manipulation or unauthorized access in close collaboration with its web hosts.
8. How can I contact UPU if I have any questions about data protection?
Any questions relating to data protection, and in particular for the purposes of exercising your rights as listed under question 5 above, can be submitted by email to the following address: email@example.com